Miami-Dade County, in partnership with the International Empowerment Mission (GEM), is launching a humanitarian support drive to gather donations for these impacted by Hurricane Fiona all through the Caribbean.
“Our neighborhood is effectively acquainted with the devastation, problem and struggling these hurricanes can unleash and we’ve got an ethical obligation to help our Caribbean neighbors,” mentioned Miami-Dade County Mayor Daniella Levine Cava. “I’m proud to accomplice with the Board of County Commissioners and International Empowerment Mission to expedite efficient catastrophe reduction to Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, and the higher affected Caribbean. I ask and encourage all our residents to please give what you’ll be able to.”
By means of extra laws championed by County Commissioner Rebeca Sosa, Miami-Dade County can even work with its 29,000 staff to generate extra support and financial assist for the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
– Commercial –
“My coronary heart goes out to the folks of Puerto Rico, who’ve been drastically affected by Hurricane Fiona,” mentioned Commissioner Sosa. “I used to be proud to advance laws permitting county staff to contribute to reduction efforts by donating their accrued vacation and annual depart time and am so grateful to your complete County household that has stepped as much as assist. Could God bless the folks of Puerto Rico.”
Eight deaths have been reported and tens of millions of houses and companies are nonetheless with out energy. Nonetheless recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Maria in 2017, many islands will now be additional behind in rebuilding efforts.
Three drop-off places, together with two Miami-Dade Fireplace Rescue (MDFR) hearth stations and the GEM warehouse, have been set as much as obtain donations from most people beginning on Friday, September 23 to Monday, October 3.
The gadgets that may be collected for donations are:
- Non-perishable meals gadgets (canned items with peel-off tops are preferrred)
- Child meals (no glass)
- Vitamin bars
- Moveable/purified water
- Water purification kits or gadgets
- Water bladders
- Water containers
- Private hygiene kits (diapers, child wipes, sanitary napkins, deodorant, toothpaste, cleaning soap, child formulation)
- First support gadgets (sterile bandages/gauze [all sizes], tape)
- Moveable single and double burner stoves
- Moveable out of doors lamps/lights
- Photo voltaic lanterns
- New blankets
- Sleeping baggage
- Cots (grownup measurement)
- Air mattresses
- Insect repellent
- Moveable radios/climate radios
- Moveable potty
- Rain gear
- Cleansing provides/disinfectant (bleach, brooms, mops, family cleansing merchandise, rubbish baggage)
- Moveable turbines (15kw to 25kw)
- Plastic tarpaulins
- Particles elimination instruments (shovels, rakes, axes, wheelbarrows)
Reduction donations will likely be accepted at:
- MDFR Fireplace Station 1: 16699 NW 67th Avenue, Miami Lakes, FL 33014, Monday by Sunday between 8:00 a.m. and seven:00 p.m.
- MDFR Fireplace Station 34: 10850 SW 211th Road, Cutler Bay, FL 33189, Monday by Sunday between 8:00 a.m. and seven:00 p.m.
- International Empowerment Mission (GEM) Warehouse: 1810 NW 94th Avenue, Doral, FL 33172, Monday by Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., and Saturday, from 11:00 a.m. to three:00 p.m.)
For a whole checklist of native reduction drives and extra on Miami-Dade County’s response, please go to miamidade.gov/cares.