Rachael Finch impresses with her ‘guilt-free’ recipe for delicious chocolate cake – made with a VERY surprising ingredient
- Rachael Finch, 33, shared her easy recipe for ‘guilt-free’ chocolate cake
- The Sydney model makes it with healthy alternatives like almond flour and dates
- She also adds a surprising ingredient: a splash of apple cider vinegar
- The recipe video has been widely praised since it was posted on Instagram
Rachael Finch has shared her remarkably simple recipe for a frosted chocolate cake that you “won’t feel guilty about.”
The former Miss Universe Australia, 33, took to Instagram to show fans how to make the delicious dessert with healthy alternatives, including almond flour, coconut sugar, coconut oil and a surprising ingredient: a splash of apple cider vinegar.
The model mom of two, who shares daughter Violet, seven, and son Dominic, four, with husband Mike Miziner, starts by whisking almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, cocoa powder, and protein powder from her brand, Kissed Earth.
Scroll down for video
Rachael Finch (pictured) shared her remarkably simple recipe for a frosted chocolate cake that you ‘won’t feel guilty about’
In another bowl, she beats eggs, coconut oil, and apple cider vinegar before adding a drop of almond milk.
Rachael then stirs the dry ingredients into the liquid mixture, blending until smooth and adding boiling water until completely blended.
She pours the batter into a greased cake tin and bakes in the oven for 35 to 45 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted – then she turns her attention to the ganache glaze.
The former Miss Universe Australia, 33, took to Instagram to show fans how to make the delicious dessert with healthy alternatives
While the cake is baking, Rachael soak dates in boiling water for about 15 minutes, then add them to a blender with water and grind until smooth.
She adds cocoa powder and vanilla extract and mixes again before letting the ganache rest in the fridge.
When the cake has cooled, she spreads the icing over it and serves.
After the cake has cooled, Rachael gently spreads a generous amount of the tasty glaze over it
The video, which has been viewed more than 55,000 times since it was shared online last week, received hundreds of comments.
‘Definitely try this!! Sounds delicious,” one wrote.
“This looks delicious!” another said, a third added, “I don’t have your Kissed Earth powder, but would love to try this recipe.”
How to make Rachael Finch’s ‘guilt-free’ chocolate cake:
For the cake:
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 scoop Kissed Earth Replenish Vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup boiling water
For the ganache frosting
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and prepare a 30 cm cake tin
2. In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, cocoa powder and KE protein powder. Put aside.
3. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut oil, and apple cider vinegar. Then add almond milk.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, mix, then add the boiling water until blended.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted.
6. Let the cake cool in the tin for 15 minutes before placing it on a wire rack.
7. While the cake is baking, prepare the chocolate glaze. Soak the dates in boiling water for about 15 minutes.
8. Place dates together with water and blend until smooth. Add cocoa powder and vanilla extract and continue mixing.
9. Set ganache frosting aside, or place in the fridge if it’s a hot day.
10. When the cake has cooled, spread the icing generously over the cake and serve.
Source: Rachel Finch Instagram
The post Rachael Finch shares ‘guilt-free’ chocolate cake recipe appeared first on WhatsNew2Day.