Jasmine McKenzie, a 45-year-old Jamaican mom is at present combating for her life after a extreme residence hearth in Staten Island, New York on Tuesday.
Preliminary reviews have been that McKenzie had died. Nonetheless, it was later revealed that she is on life assist after being severely injured within the hearth.
Reviews are that McKenzie, who resides within the Cayman Islands for quite a few years, was in New York alongside her household for a summer season vacation go to with family members.
Speedy response to the blaze
In line with media reviews, the fireplace was reported at 7:19am on the sixth ground of the seven-storey constructing at 195 Steuben Road, Staten Island.
Reviews are that about 60 firefighters and 12 models battled the blaze.
The reason for the fireplace was not launched.
A neighborhood in shock
Reviews are that McKenzie had lately acquired her everlasting resident standing within the Cayman Islands.
She is a cashier supervisor at AL Thompson’s.
The devastating information has prompted the shop to shut its doorways early on Tuesday.
Distressed clients have been ushered out, and the grief-stricken employees got the day without work in mild of the harrowing information.
The most recent information in regards to the Cayman Islands & the Caribbean
Learn extra articles in regards to the Cayman Islands from Caribbean Nationwide Weekly