Hiya and welcome again to Equity, a podcast in regards to the enterprise of startups, the place we unpack the numbers and nuance behind the headlines.
That is our Wednesday present, the place we area of interest all the way down to a single particular person, take into consideration their work and unpack the remaining. This week, Natasha interviewed Roger Lee, an entrepreneur who’s spent the higher a part of a decade constructing instruments for workers and employers alike. Lee is the creator of Layoffs.FYI and co-founder of Complete and Human Curiosity.
Right here’s what we bought into:
- Roger’s introduction to entrepreneurship throughout the dot-com bubble
- How the pandemic de-stigmatized layoffs
- How Complete – described because the inverse of Layoffs.FYI – helps staff level-up
- The significance of crowdsourcing and to monetize, or to not monetize…transparency
- We ended, as common, with a lightning spherical and realized the place Lee’s profession might have gone if he didn’t take the founder path (trace: it’s not VC).
Fairness drops at 10:00 a.m. PT each Monday and at 7:00 a.m. PT on Wednesdays and Fridays, so subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all of the casts. TechCrunch additionally has a nice present on crypto, a present that interviews founders, one which particulars how our tales come collectively, and extra!